Hinds Diesel Technology Academy
Prepare for an entry level Diesel Technician position in the heavy duty truck and heavy duty equipment industries by applying for the Hinds Diesel Technology Academy Program during one of their open enrollment periods: January, March, June, August, and October.
Students who enroll in the Hinds Diesel Technician program stand out from the competition because all students work with leading industry experts on industry-comparable equipment, and students receive supervised training so they graduate prepared to enter the workforce.
Students receive one-on-one time with their instructors, hands-on training in a variety of specialties, and preparation to join the heavy duty truck and heavy duty equipment industries. Students who have completed the program have gone on to become fleet preventative maintenance technicians, truck or truck engine dealer technicians, or material handling equipment repair technicians.
Areas of Specialty Training:
- Electronic Controlled Diesel Engines
- Hydraulic and Mechanical Power Trains
- Basic and Advanced Hydraulics
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Mobile Air Conditioning and Heating
- Preventive Maintenance
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Air Brakes
- Accelerated 14-month program leading to a certificate
- Flexible offerings: programs begin in January, March, June, August, and October